Thursday, November 7, 2013

Of Wooden Ships....

....and Iron Men.

There are times when I imagine that I'm pretty.  Indeed, I'm told as much from time to time by those who love me.  I think they mean in a manly way of pretty, not as I see myself in my imagination.  Like this:

That, and I have some envy of women of their being able to do things such as what is depicted above with one another.  I did have some experiences like that when I was very young.

The reality of it hits me when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror from the other side of the room on my way to the shower.  My arms are the size of some people's legs.  Mind that it's not by accident.  I work to keep them like that.  Size does have it's advantages. Sadly, looking good in a dress ain't one of 'em.

This is not me, but not too far off the mark.  Sans tats.


No comments:

Post a Comment